Policies & Procedures
(Updated January 21, 2021)
Holmes Sports Center Hours of Operation: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12:00pm - 8:30pm
Pool Hours of Operation: Mondays 12:00pm-12:45pm, Wednesdays 6:00pm-6:45pm, Fridays 12:00pm-12:45pm
The Holmes Sports Center will be closed the following days:
- Friday February 19
- Monday, March 15
- Monday, April 19
- Holmes Sports Center use is restricted to Simmons on-campus residents, essential faculty & staff, and Simmons off campus student-athletes during designated training periods only.
- Users MUST be "CLEARED" on CoVerified and show proof upon checking in. Users showing "RESTRICTED" on CoVerified will not be permitted into the Holmes Sports Center.
- Access is by reservation on specific fitness equipment ONLY
- To reserve equipment go to: https://simmonssportscenterspring2021.as.me/
- Sign up is a maximum of 7 days in advance and a minimum of 1 hour in advance
- Maximum 60 minutes in Holmes Sports Center per user per day
- Users may NOT enter additional work out areas or substitute work out areas other than reservation.
- All users MUST enter Holmes Sports Center from patio entrance and tap in for access
- All users MUST exit Holmes Sports Center by tapping card access upon exiting and walk through Brookline Ave. set of doors.
- All users MUST clean hands with hand sanitizer upon entry into Holmes Sports Center.
- Users may enter the Holmes Sports Center no earlier than 5 minutes prior to reservation.
- Users must exit Holmes Sports Center immediately following reservation time.
- Mandatory mask wearing at all times throughout the Holmes Sports Center
- All equipment sectioned/roped off out of use must NOT be used.
- Workout areas open include:
- Cardiovascular Area (Treadmill, Elliptical, Cardio Area Strength Training Machines)
- Second Floor weight room
- First floor dance studio
- Pool (during designated times only)
- ALL OTHER AREAS ARE CLOSED TO USE (Spin room, track, second floor dance studios, indoor rowing tanks)
- Users must wipe down equipment with disinfectant/paper towel immediately after each use.
- Please bring your own water bottle. All Sports Center water fountains will be turned off per state regulation.
Pool Operation/Lap Swim Policies & Procedures
Lap Swim Hours during Homes Sports Center Operating hours:
- Mondays 12-12:45pm
- Wednesdays 6-6:45pm
- Fridays 12-12:45pm
Lap swim is by reservation only. Users shall reserve their 45-minute reservation using the Holmes Sports Center Acuity system: https://simmonssportscenterspring2021.as.me/
Maximum pool capacity is 9 users in the pool at a time. No more than one swimmer per lane (including the shallow area behind the bulkhead) shall be permitted.
Users must arrive in swim attire and bring all belongings onto the pool deck. Personal belongings shall be placed in designated, labeled spaces correlating with specific lanes.Access to locker rooms shall be restricted to restroom use only. Prior to entering the water, all users must take a cleansing shower using the portable on deck shower provided.
Navigating the Pool Deck:
Users shall enter the pool area through the door at the bottom of the balcony stairs. When leaving the pool area, users shall exit through the emergency exit door located next to the jacuzzi. Users shall follow designated one-way traffic patterns counterclockwise around the pool deck and maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times.
Users are required to wear a face mask at all times while on the pool deck (except while swimming).
All users must provide their own training equipment. There shall be no communal equipment available (i.e. kickboards, pull buoys, fins, etc).
Users shall provide their own water bottles. All water fountains in the Holmes Sports Center will be turned off.
No food shall be allowed on the pool deck at any time.
Jacuzzi and Sauna:
Closed at all times.
POOL STAFF & USERS SHOULD:
- Stay home if sick or in quarantine
- Avoid entering the premises if symptomatic, e.g., a fever of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or above, unusual coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, chills, shaking chills, sore throat, muscle aches or pains, new loss of taste or smell, or feverish.
- Maintain 6 feet separation between individuals, except for in household groups.
- Sneeze/cough into cloth, tissues, elbow or sleeve. Discard tissue in trash cans.
- Avoid hand shaking or physical contact except among household members.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a face covering while not in the water.