- Upon entering the Sports Center all students and members must present a current Simmons College I.D and swipe through the card wipe system.
- As a courtesy to others we ask that you wipe down your equipment after use.
- During periods of high use, aerobic equipment use is limited to 30 minutes per machine.
- Proper footwear and attire are required in all the activity areas. Bare feet, socks and open toed shoes are not permitted.
- Street shoes must be changed prior to participation in an activity area.
- Carry bags are not permitted in the workout areas.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Sorts Center.
- Eating and drinking is permitted in the lobby only.
- All students and members are responsible for the behavior of their guests at all times. Members must accompany their guests while in the Sports Center.
- Valuables should not be left unattended.
- All activity areas close 15 minutes prior to the building closing time.
- Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Failure to observe the rules and regulations may lead to the loss of facility privileges, and is a violation of the Simmons College code of responsibility.
Racquetball and Squash Courts
- Safety glasses are recommended and are available at the front desk.
- All racquetball racquets must have a safety strap and bumper guards.
- Shoes must have non-scuff soles.
- No black-soled shoes permitted
Free Weight Room
- We recommend the use of a spotter when training with free weights to prevent injury.
- All equipment must be used in the free weight room and may not be removed.
- The free weight room is restricted to a ten person limit at any one time.
- Weight belts and 3lb., 5lb., and 8lb. weights are available at the front desk.
- Bath caps are required for all swimmers.
- Clean bathing suits are required. No shorts.
- No shoes are allowed on deck.
- Soap showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- Starting blocks and diving boards are for use by the varsity swimming and diving team only.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the pool without adult supervision. Children under the age of 12 must be actively monitored by a parent/guardian in all areas.
- Persons with communicable skin diseases, skin infections, abrasions, or open wounds should not use the pool.
- The 25-yard area is for lap swimming only. Patrons must circle swim, staying to the right.
- The shallow pool is for recreation and children.
- Feet first pool entry only. No diving in any area less than 9 ft. deep.
- No running or horseplay in the pool or on the deck.
- No person shall spit, or in any way contaminate the pool, floors, walkways, aisles, or locker rooms.
- No person shall throw into the pool any objects that contaminate the pool or endanger the bathers.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool walkways or 9 ft. of the pool area.
- No floatation devices of any kind.
- Diapers are not allowed in the pool unless covered by plastic pants.
The sports center staff has the authority to dismiss anyone from the pool area
Sauna and Spa
- Children under the age of 16 may use the sauna or spa only with close adult supervision.
- Use both the sauna and spa in moderation.
Excessive exposure may be harmful to your health. Consult your physician before using the sauna or spa.
- Time limit: 30 minutes for the sauna and 10 minutes for the spa.
- No person with communicable diseases are allowed to use the sauna or spa.
- Showers must be taken before entering the spa.
- Appropriate swimwear is required.