Holmes Sports Center closed for the Summer and will reopen Monday August 23, 2021.
- Monday, August 23rd, 2021--9:00am-8:00pm
- Tuesday, August 24, 2021--9:00am-8:00pm
- Wednesday, August 25, 2021--9:00am-8:00pm
- Thursday, August 26, 2021--9:00am-8:00pm
- Friday, August 27, 2021--9:00am-8:00pm
- Saturday, August 28, 2021--9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday, August 29, 2021--9:00am-8:00pm
- Monday-Thursday: 6:30am-11:00pm
- Friday: 6:30am-8:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday: 10:00am-8:00pm
FALL SEMESTER LAP SWIM HOURS: (Aug. 30 - Dec.. 21, 2021)
- Monday - Friday: 12 p.m - 1:30 p.m. (8 lanes)
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. (4 lanes)
- Saturdays: 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (8 lanes) * - watch for frequent closings
- Sundays: 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
During the fall semester, please note the following pool closures due to Holidays and/home swim meets
- Saturday Nov. 13 - NO LAP SWIM (Simmons vs. UNE Home meet)
- Saturday Nov. 20 - NO LAP SWIM (Simmons vs. Merrimack Home meet)
- Wednesday Nov. 24 - Sunday Nov. 23 - Thanksgiving Break
- No Evening Lap Swim Nov. 11, Nov.. 23, Dec. 16 and Dec. 21
Athletic activity at Simmons centers around the William J. Holmes Sports and Fitness Center, a $10 million, 60,000 square foot facility located just steps from Simmons' nine residence halls and Bartol Dining Hall. Opened in 1989, the Center houses state-of-the-art training equipment, plus hardwood courts, an indoor running area, swimming pool, and much more. In 1992, the Holmes Sports Center received the Athletic Business Architectural Award.
Academic Building Hours
Monday-Thursday: 6:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Friday: 6:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
*Academic hours begin the first day of classes
Please click here for facilities rules.
Please click here for pool hours.
*Workout areas close 15 minutes before the building closes.
Spring Break Hours
Saturday, March 7: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Sunday, March 8: Closed
Monday, March 9 - Thursday, March 12: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Friday, March 13: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Saturday, March 14: Closed
Sunday, March 15: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Peloton Bike Sign-ups
To reserve a Peloton bike during peak hours (Monday-Friday 4pm-9pm), you must sign up via the link below:
1. Click here to reserve a Peloton bike
2. Choose a bike by number (1-5) in half hour time slots (Max limit is 60 minutes at one time), then click continue
3. Enter your name, phone number and email address, click complete appointment
4. Check that you have received a confirmation email and you are all set.
Please note that it is recommended that you arrive early for your time slot in order to assure an efficient start time. If you arrive later than five minutes after your designated start time, your bike may be given away to walk-ins. It is also recommended that you bring a copy of your confirmation email. Thank you.
Weight Room Policy
Summer Building Hours
(May 13th - September 1st)
Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Please click here for pool hours
For building and pool questions, please call 617-521-1080.
|Members: Please Note that the Racquetball and Squash Courts have been renovated and re-purposed as Dance Studios on the Second Floor of the Sports Center.|