The mission of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image to the campus and community.
PURPOSE OF SIMMONS SAAC
- To give student-athletes a voice in determining the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on campus and within the NCAA governance structure.
- To promote effective communication between athletics administration and student-athletes.
- To build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams.
- To promote a positive student-athlete image through involvement in the community.
- To design and provide programs that will encourage academic achievement, good health and nutrition, social responsibility, and general awareness.
Follow us at @simmonsSAAC
Divison III Week: April 4-10, 2016
Division III Week was created as part of DIII’s Identity Initiative, which was introduced in 2010 to sharpen the division’s identity and to enable schools and conferences to consistently explain why they prefer to compete in Division III. The initiative has been guided by a strategic-positioning platform, describing Division III as a place where student-athletes can “follow your passions and develop your potential,” within an approach that combines rigorous academics, competitive sports and an opportunity to pursue other interests.
Please check back soon for a list of events!