NORTH DARTMOUTH, Mass. – Simmons field hockey scored four times in the first half against UMass-Dartmouth (1-0) to improve to 2-0 on the young season with a convincing, 4-0 victory on the road, Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sharks drew first blood as Emily Plummer but the ball in the back of the goal two minutes in to the contest.
- Junior Maddie Beckwith added to the Simmons lead scoring 10 minutes later to give the Sharks the 2-0 advantage.
- The Shark offense did not let up, First-year Anna Tedeschi scored four minutes into the second quarter for her first collegiate goal and increase the Simmons lead to three.
- First-year Hannah Groves also recorded her first goal of her career with under two minutes remaining in the first half.
- All four Shark goals came in the first half.
- Anna Tedeschi and Hannah Groves both recorded their first collegiate career goals.
- Emma Sheehan earned her second win of the year and first shutout of her collegiate career registering one save to improve to 2-0.
- The win was the Sharks third straight victory over UMass-Dartmouth, beating the Corsairs in 2019 and 2017 and improve to 3-2-0 against the Corsairs.
- Simmons out-shot UMass-Dartmouth, 25-3 and had the edge on penalty corners, 5-2.
The Sharks return to the field on Wednesday evening when they host Bridgewater State at 7 p.m.