BRIGHTON, Mass. – First-year Emilia Elko scored the game-winner five minutes into overtime in a pivotal Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC), 2-1, victory over Lasell University, Wednesday evening.
The two teams battled each other through three scoreless quarters. It wasn't until the 50th minute that the Sharks finally jumped on the board. First-year Sydney Gonyea tipped in a pass in front of the net from junior Maddie Beckwith. It was a short-lived lead as four minutes Lasell's Sage Dodier tied up game at 1-1 with an unassisted goal in the 54th minute.
Heading into overtime the Sharks had the momentum going in their way offensively in the second half and it flowed into the overtime time period. From the top of the circle, Beckwith with Elko in front of the goal for the game-winner.
- Junior Maddie Beckwith's two assist was her first multi-assist game of the season.
- First-years Emilia Elko and Sydney Gonyea have scored in back-to-back games for the first time this season.
- Junior goalkeeper Emma Sheehan registered a pair of saves to earn her sixth win of the season.
- Simmons edged out the Lasell penalty corners, 11-5, including a 10-3 advantage in the second half.
- The Sharks outshot the Lasers, 11-5.
Simmons returns to the pitch on Saturday Oct. 16, traveling Anna Maria for a noon start in Paxton, Mass.