WORCESTER, Mass. – Simmons swimming and diving returned to the pool Friday evening with at the WPI Quadruple Dual Meet Invitational against Babson, Brandeis, Smith and host WPI.
The Sharks opened the night placing with the 200-yard medley relay and a sixth-place finish by their A-squad. Caroline Mazariegos, Meg Driscoll, Ella Harmon and Lauren Howard touched the wall with a time of 1:59.22 - .36 seconds before Smith's A-squad.
In addition to swimming the anchor leg of the 200-yard medley relay, Howard posted a season-best time in the 100-yard freestyle. Touching the wall with a time of 56.66, she placed fifth, .07 seconds ahead of Brandeis' Ema Rennie.
Distance swimmer junior Eva Piernas also improved her time in the 500-yard freestyle by five seconds, clocking in with a time of 5:35.48, just three seconds behind Smith's Julia Petrino for second place.
The Sharks closed out a solid night in the pool with a fourth-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle relay. Simmons' A-squad of Camelia Hannah, Emma Serth, Hailey Stuck and Lauren Howard, touched the wall with a time of 1:46.42 – three seconds behind Babson's A-squad.
- The Sharks 200-yard freestyle relay squad of Camelia Hannah, Emma Serth, Hailey Stuck and Lauren Howard finished third with a time of 1:46.42.
- Junior distance swimmer Eva Piernas clocked a season-best time in the 500-yard freestyle with a time of 5:35.48.
- Lauren Howard, who swam the anchor in the 200-yard medley relay and free relay, swam a season-best in the 100-yard free (56.66).
- WPI 218.00, Simmons 63.00
- Smith 167.00, Simmons 115.00
- Brandeis 149.00, Simmons 130.00
- Babson 198.00, Simmons 68.00
Simmons returns to the pool tomorrow, Saturday Nov. 6 against Wellesley College in Wellesley, Mass. at 1 p.m.