Policies & Procedures
Updated April 1, 2021
Holmes Sports Center Hours of Operation:
On-Campus Residents, Essential Staff, & Off-Campus Student-Athletes during designated training periods ONLY:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 12:00pm - 8:30pm
Off-Campus Students ONLY (including off-campus student-athletes who are outside of their designated training period):
- Tuesday, Thursday 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Pool Hours of Operation (On-Campus Students & Essential Staff only):
- Mondays 12:00pm-12:45pm, Wednesdays 6:00pm-6:45pm, Fridays 12:00pm-12:45pm
The Holmes Sports Center will be closed the following days:
- Friday February 19
- Monday, March 15
- Monday, April 19
General Sports Center Policies:
- Access is by reservation on specific fitness equipment ONLY
- To reserve equipment go to: https://simmonssportscenterspring2021.as.me/
- Sign up is a maximum of 24 hours in advance and a minimum of 1 hour in advance ONLY
- Maximum 60 minutes in Holmes Sports Center per user per day
- Users may NOT enter additional work out areas or substitute work out areas other than reservation.
- All users MUST enter Holmes Sports Center from patio entrance and tap in for access
- All users MUST exit Holmes Sports Center by tapping card access upon exiting and walk through Brookline Ave. set of doors.
- All users MUST clean hands with hand sanitizer upon entry into Holmes Sports Center.
- Users may enter the Holmes Sports Center no earlier than 5 minutes prior to reservation.
- Users must exit Holmes Sports Center immediately following reservation time.
- Mandatory mask wearing at all times throughout the Holmes Sports Center
- All equipment sectioned/roped off out of use must NOT be used.
- Workout areas open include:
- Cardiovascular Area (Treadmill, Elliptical, Cardio Area Strength Training Machines)
- Second Floor weight room
- First floor dance studio
- Pool (during designated times only)
- ALL OTHER AREAS ARE CLOSED TO USE (Spin room, track, second floor dance studios, indoor rowing tanks)
- Users must wipe down equipment with disinfectant/paper towel immediately after each use.
- Please bring your own water bottle. All Sports Center water fountains will be turned off per state regulation.
Policies for Simmons on-campus residents, essential faculty & staff, and Simmons off campus student-athletes during designated training periods only.
- Users MUST be "CLEARED" on CoVerified and show proof upon checking in. Users showing "RESTRICTED" on CoVerified will not be permitted into the Holmes Sports Center.
Policies for Simmons off campus students, including student-athletes who are outside of their designated training periods.
- Off Campus students must receive a negative COVID on campus 24 hours in advance of reservation.
- To schedule a COVID test:
- Call the Health Center at 617-521-1020 and state who you are, when you plan to use the Health Center, and when you are available for a COVID test.
- To schedule a COVID test:
- Upon entering the Holmes Sports Center, the off-campus student must present to the Front Desk a confirmation email from Broad Institute demonstrating a negative COVID test result
- Front Desk must ask any student to leave who show up on an incorrect day or who does not present a negative test documentation
- All off-campus students must complete and submit the symptoms check form to the Front Desk worker upon entering the Sports Center
Pool Operation/Lap Swim Policies & Procedures
Lap Swim Hours during Homes Sports Center Operating hours:
- Mondays 12-12:45pm
- Wednesdays 6-6:45pm
- Fridays 12-12:45pm
Lap swim is by reservation only. Users shall reserve their 45-minute reservation using the Holmes Sports Center Acuity system: https://simmonssportscenterspring2021.as.me/
Maximum pool capacity is 9 users in the pool at a time. No more than one swimmer per lane (including the shallow area behind the bulkhead) shall be permitted.
Users must arrive in swim attire and bring all belongings onto the pool deck. Personal belongings shall be placed in designated, labeled spaces correlating with specific lanes.Access to locker rooms shall be restricted to restroom use only. Prior to entering the water, all users must take a cleansing shower using the portable on deck shower provided.
Navigating the Pool Deck:
Users shall enter the pool area through the door at the bottom of the balcony stairs. When leaving the pool area, users shall exit through the emergency exit door located next to the jacuzzi. Users shall follow designated one-way traffic patterns counterclockwise around the pool deck and maintain 6-foot social distancing at all times.
Users are required to wear a face mask at all times while on the pool deck (except while swimming).
All users must provide their own training equipment. There shall be no communal equipment available (i.e. kickboards, pull buoys, fins, etc).
Users shall provide their own water bottles. All water fountains in the Holmes Sports Center will be turned off.
No food shall be allowed on the pool deck at any time.
Jacuzzi and Sauna:
Closed at all times.
POOL STAFF & USERS SHOULD:
- Stay home if sick or in quarantine
- Avoid entering the premises if symptomatic, e.g., a fever of 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit or above, unusual coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, chills, shaking chills, sore throat, muscle aches or pains, new loss of taste or smell, or feverish.
- Maintain 6 feet separation between individuals, except for in household groups.
- Sneeze/cough into cloth, tissues, elbow or sleeve. Discard tissue in trash cans.
- Avoid hand shaking or physical contact except among household members.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a face covering while not in the water.