Fall 2021 Lap Swim Hours
FALL SEMESTER LAP SWIM HOURS: (Aug. 30 - Dec. 21, 2021)
- Monday - Friday: 12 p.m - 1:30 p.m. (8 lanes)
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. (4 lanes)
- Saturdays: 12 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. (8 lanes) * - watch for frequent closings
- Sundays: 2 p.m. - 3 p.m.
During the fall semester, please note the following pool closures due to Holidays and/home swim meets
- Saturday Nov. 13 - NO LAP SWIM (Simmons vs. UNE Home meet)
- Saturday Nov. 20 - NO LAP SWIM (Simmons vs. Merrimack Home meet)
- Wednesday Nov. 24 - Sunday Nov. 23 - Thanksgiving Break
- No Evening Lap Swim Nov. 11, Nov.. 23, Dec. 16 and Dec. 21
For more information and instructions on how to make a reservation, read our COVID Policies and Procedures. All policies and procedures will be updated regularly according to State, City and University guidelines."
Aquatic Facility Rules
- No swimming without a lifeguard on duty.
- Bathing caps are required for all swimmers.
- No eating, drinking or smoking in the pool area.
- Bathing suits are required, no cut-offs, gym shorts, t-shirts or tights
- Cleansing showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- Starting blocks are to be used by competitive teams only and are not to be used by patrons.
- Diving boards are to be used by varsity athletes only.
- No children under the age of 16 are allowed in the pool without adult supervision. Children under the age of 12 must be actively monitored by a parent/guardian in all areas.
- Persons with communicable skin diseases, skin infections, abrasions, or open wounds should not use the pool.
- The 25-yard lanes are for lap swimming only. Patrons must circle swim, counterclockwise.
- Feet first pool entry only. No diving in any area less than nine feet deep.
- No running or horseplay in the pool or on the deck.
- No person shall spit, or in any way contaminate the pool, floors, walkways, aisles, or locker rooms.
- No person shall throw into the pool any objects that contaminate the pool or endanger the bathers.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool walkways or nine feet of the pool area.
- No floatation devices of any kind.
- Diapers are not allowed in the pool unless covered by plastic pants.
- In emergency situations patrons must clear the pool at the request of the lifeguards.
- The sports center staff has the authority to dismiss anyone from the pool area.
- Children under the age of 16 are prohibited from using the spa.
- Observe a reasonable time limit: a maximum of 10 minutes is recommended.
- Excessive exposure may be harmful to your health. Consult your physician before using the sauna or spa.
- No persons with communicable diseases shall be allowed to use the spa.
- Cleansing showers must be taken before entering the spa.
- Appropriate swimwear is required.
- Elderly persons, pregnant women, infants, and those suffering from heart disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should not enter the spa.
- Do not use spa while under the influence of alcohol, anticoagulants, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, vasodilators, stimulants, hypnotics, narcotics or tranquilizers.
- The temperature of the spa must remain less than 104.